Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Turn My Swag On...

Lets explore some things together shall we? OK! Here we go.
I recently returned from our Senior High Mission Trip to Clarksdale, Mississippi and it was a blast. I experienced several things that were new to me and several that were simply revisitations. From the Blues to the Bar-B-Que, every moment seemed to hold something exciting. So to avoid a long post or ranting, I have chosen my top three moments of the week (in no particular order).

1. WORSHIP! The kids really got into it! Every night topped the night before and every night there was something amazing that couldn't be avoided. The energy and spirit in the room was incredible.
2. ABE'S BARBEQUE! Nuff Said, But I will continue. Easily the most delicious pulled pork sandwich I had ever experienced. Plus, we became regulars and got some SWAG (I'll get to this).
3. DRUNK BASS PLAYER AT BLUES CLUB! He was a big man who asked me to stand up and with whiskey on his breath, he informed me that I need to be a fighter for a living. He then proceeded to put me in a headlock and spout off terms and profanities I didn't know existed...but boy could he play that bass!!!

It really was a trip to remember.

In closing I would like to share a story with you. Jimbob made a mix tape of music Johnny and I would hate (and we listened to it). There was a song that has changed my life and I would like to share the chorus with you.

"Holla at the Benz
Turn my swag on
Took a look in the mirror, said wazzup, wazzup, wazzup
Hey, Get money!"

-Soulja Boi Tellum

If only I knew what it meant.........


2 comments:

Amiee Celeste said...

So the bass player?! You never said anything about it. Oh and you never went back to the SWAG you got from Abe's. Oh and one more thing...I LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Wit My Yums On changed my life.
And when are you moving to Memphis to persue you wrestling career? $10 a minute is alot of money. I would do that. Don't forget to bring me, your son, because apparently we look alike.