Friday, December 19, 2008

This is something to hold on to...

Here I am. In the midst of the holiday season. It has been hectic so far. From the frustration of Christmas productions to the stress of planning Christmas eve services, I can't help but be optimistic for the next week! Although it will be wrought with time consuming tasks and crazy amounts of travel, I am ready for it.

After the Christmas eve, I will spend Christmas day with my family in my neck of the woods. Then after a day of nothingness, its off to Kansas! Yes, Kansas. I am flying from DFW to Kansas City, then hopping on a plane I hope will allow a man of my size to fit on, and continue on to Salina, Kansas. Then I will spend a few days with my girlfriends family (and make them love me) and then comes the best part of the trip...

Amiee and I will gather our things, get into her Mitsubishi Galant and head back for Texas. But we are not stopping in Arlington, oh no, we will continue on to Centerville to see my parents. Then after a wonderful meal and nights sleep, continue the journey to Houston. We will spend the next few days with my sis (and her family) and my brother (and his family), including New Years (cue music here). 

Now as I always do, its time for a list (I know you are still reading solely to get to the list).

Highlights/Lowlights of the trip (predictions)
  1. The 9 hour car trip, followed by another 2 hours the next morning.
  2. Seeing snow that is worth playing in (in Kansas)
  3. Meeting Amiee's family
  4. Hoping to God that I find something to keep me warm in the great white north (not Canada, Kansas)
  5. Last but not least, being with my woman as the clock strikes twelve on New Years Eve. (Thats when the real fireworks begin)  

No comments: