Wednesday, December 3, 2008

New Phones, Birthdays, and Random Trips

Since my last post, many things have happened. I have been on a trip to Tennessee, turned 23, and made a spur of the moment trip to see my parents. So I will quickly recap all of these, one paragraph each.

Tennessee: Went for a youth worker convention and had a blast. In the 20 degree weather that we flew into and spent a good portion of our time in, I wore shorts. People looked at me like I was dumb, the jokes on them, it was the first time I went a whole day without sweating. The convention was incredible. Amazing music, speakers and company! If the food had been better, the score would have increased. Overall I will give it a 7.8/10

Turned 23: Another year older, a little wiser (I hope) and still no gray hair! This past year has shown me ALOT! I have loved, lost, and been given hope! It has been a learning experience. From my mistakes, I have seen who I am who is there for me. I would not change a thing (except for one decision in August/September that kept me from Amiee for a little while longer than I liked). I will give my 22nd year of life a 8.3/10

Trip to the 'Rents: On sunday, I got done with the 9:30am service and was enlightened to the wonderful news that we did not have youth. So my lovely lady recommended that we go surprise my parents in Centerville (2 hours away). So we loaded up and went down to The Abiding Place. We stopped and picked up stuff to make dinner (delicious), and arrived early in the evening. We proceeded to shoot my little bro's new deer rifle (which I'm a little bitter about) and make home-made pizza, and watch movies. It was so much fun to get away for an evening and spend it with my family. I am pretty sure my mom likes (loves) my woman more and more everytime she talks about her or sees her. Due to the fact that I got to relax, eat amazing food and hang out with my lady. I give it a 9.4/10  

Overall: My past few weeks have been near perfect, and the Christmas season may just take the cake yet to close out the 2008 calendar!!

2 comments:

Amiee Celeste said...

So what about new phones...is this kinda like broken windows or did you just forget to write about it!? ha love you!

Alex S said...

And you are excited about your trip to austin.