Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weekend: I Do's and A Bruise

This weekend was simply incredible. The weekend for me started on Thursday. I had my friends wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner and it was amazing. Who would have know that beer and cheesecake go together? Well, the Flying Saucer does, and now I am enlightened too.

I DO'S
Then friday, Wedding at 6pm, it was very eloquent. Clean, classy and simple is the way to go! From the ceremony to the reception, everything went amazing. (Congrats Dave and Lindsey). From there me and my lovely lady hopped into the car and drove to Centerville, Tx to hang out with my parents for a weekend.

A BRUISE
On Saturday, I woke up and cooked a delicious breakfast of Apple Cinnamon pancakes and Omelets. Then after some time thowing the football....it began!

We (Jordan, Amiee and I) to take out my parents golf cart. Now this golf cart is not something you would hit the links with, it is gas powered and can get up and go. We started by riding on the roads, went and saw some horses, and had a good time. Then Jordan took the wheel. I recommended that we go back home (may it be noted) but he insisted that we show Amiee the back of the property.... 

So we were riding down the narrow paths that wind through my parents property, and after dodging and ducking under tree limbs, it happened...
Slowly, the vehicle pulled ever so slightly to the right...then...before I know it, we are all crushed under the weight of being thrown into trees and heavy brush!!! The golf cart came to rest on its side, me trying to hold it up and my little bro trapped under me and Amiee uncomfortably squished between me and the front of the cart. 

All of this because the steering column broke and all control was lost!!!

Damage Report: 
  • I walked away with a scratch on my hand...
  • Jordan had his legs cut up and a bruise on his thigh
  • Amiee.....she has a bruise on her leg that looks like she got hit with a yardstick
All in all the weekend was amazing. We all walked away from the wreck laughing...

                             

No comments: