Monday, August 25, 2008

I Think I Blacked Out...

Last night, one of the most incredible things happened to me! I did not go skydiving, wrestle with a polar bear, or save a small child from the clutches of death. But I did get to eat dinner, hang out with, and play along side my favorite musician/singer/songwriter!!!

Last night, my band, The Roustabouts, got the opportunity to play a concert with SHANE AND SHANE. Now before you say, "Josh, you are too excited about this", Let me paint you a picture as I so often (sometimes too frequently) do.

Here we go on a journey of words.

I am restringing my guitar in my office, I hear some say "Shane and Shane are here" with moderate enthusiasm. I run outside to see...and its them. Now I am pretty happy at this very moment. But it gets better. They had backed there black ford f-150 right next to Sugg's (my drummers) car.
He was outside to start the process of taking his drum kit inside. He opens the door of this truck to ask the people inside. Upon doing so, he is face to face with Shane Barnard. It was pretty cool.

After that moment. We were inside setting up and waiting to sound check. Shane Barnard being the kind man that he is, was being cordial and came to talk to me. Well, what happened next was epic. Here's a sample of how the convo went.

Shane: Hey, I'm shane.
Me: Hi I'm josh?
Shane: Nice to meet you
Me:(undescernable low grunt)
Shane: I look forward to hearing you guys play)
Me:(Shoulder shrug accompanied by undescernable low grunt)

As the night went on I loosened up. And actually carried on a full conversation of some inteligble dissonance. All in all, it was one of the most amazing nights I my life. I have pictures to prove it happened!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's AWESOME! I so wished I could have made it last night but with a 6th grader we need to be at home an in bed by 8:30. Sometimes it's hard being the one in the Authority position, because I really wanted to say lets go the the concert and then if you are late on the first day "No Biggie!" Why oh why do we have to grow up! Can't wait to see the pics from last night. I bet you guys were amazing! and of course Shane and Shane too..lol !