Saturday, September 27, 2008

And Another One (Finger) Bites the Dust.

Thursday night. Double-header softball game. Let me start there.

Game #1 was amazing. I hit an inside the park homerun and got to show off my wheels. We won and played pretty well.

Game #2 was equally amazing. We scored 24 runs as a team and won both games. Here is the only negatuve thing that happened. I may have messed up my right hand a lot more!

Let me give you a vision into what that looks like. I already have a broken, mangled pinky that needs surgery. What else could make that hand look worse? A dislocated thumb!!! And thats what I got.

I was playing first base, left handed batter hits a ground ball pretty well down the first base line. I make a SportsCenter worthy play, moving to my left and after the stop, I get to the bag before the runner and I swore I heard it....duh nuh nuh, duh nuh nuh (SC Theme).

What happened as a result is that my entire body weight (way too much) all came down on my glove hand thumb! It dislocated and is now bruised and swollen! I may need to look into a hand modeling career.

No comments: