Monday, September 8, 2008

What Grinds My Gears?

I was at my humble abode last night and I was enjoying a great evening of relaxation. The TV was but the conductor to the symphony of silence that was present in my semi-shifting consciousness, and then it happened!

I was drifting in and out of sleep, when the roar of the crowd or the SportsCenter theme would resound, I would rouse from my sleep for a minute or two and then drift slowly back to that glorious weight of my eyelids closing. But then I did what I hate doing! I fell asleep in front of the TV.

This is normally a welcomed environment when taking naps, but when my entire nights sleep is spent on the recliner, I get mad. As I do so often, let me give you a bulleted list of what went down.

-I fell asleep and although uncomfortable, I was content with my feet propped up.
-After a few hours of not waking from this chair, my body paniced!!!
-The clock read, 4:58am
-I went to my bed, and could not fall asleep again.
-I was robbed of an entire night of sleep because my body clock is now that of someone on the other side of the world! (too bad the olympics aren't on still)

Dear Me,
Lets not do that again. We know how much your mind hates your body at this moment and we should avoid further conflict.

No comments: