Sunday, September 14, 2008

Kenny G...He Stayed at My House!

Two words...
4 Syllables...
One Great Weekend!!!

Of course, you know of what I speak. HURRICANE IKE. It single-handedly invaded the coast of Texas and forced a mass evacuation. Among the evacuees, were members of my family who live in the Houston area. I received a call on Friday morning and was notified that my parents and little brother (3); Sister, Husband and Children (4); Oldest Brother, Wife and Children (5), were coming to my neck of the woods. I was excited about it, a little scared and even a smidge adventerous. But first lets do the math....3+4+5+my existing household=14 Humans (and as I would find out not much later, 3 Dogs).

Now, I live in a nice yet small duplex. The entirety of my family did not sleep at my house, but a brunt of the time was spent there (as well as Chuck E. Cheese). Where it gets complicated is in the fact that we are ascendants of giants. There is nothing small about our stature, our hearts or our appetites. So, now that you have this picture in your head, let me fill in the gray areas with colorful commentary.

1. Dogs
*Vagus (My roomies lab)
*Max (My parents lab)
*KENNY (G) Cocker (My Oldest brothers dog)
-This made for a fun time. My parents dog is part Clydesdale and my roommates dog perpetually smells like a dissected pig in biology lab, and then there is Kenny. I could write an epic novel about this noble warrior of a dog, but to sum it up, I will use the phrase "afro-crazed, blind, sometimes deaf, slow, yet loving"

Here is the mark made on me by Kenny.
1. He gets pissed at his food while he eats. I may need to try that sometime
2. He does three things, in this order.
  • Sleeps
  • Eats
  • Craps
3. He did all three of those....IN MY LIVING ROOM FLOOR! 

Thanks family for an exciting, fun-filled weekend...but especially thanks to Kenny for making his mark on my life...and carpet!!!
  

No comments: