Tuesday, October 21, 2008

To The One Person I Hope Will Read This

Time is constant, it ebbs and flows, there is something about it that is comforting and more about it that sparks timidity. There seems to be an unspoken respect for the vast uncertainty that time brings. Yet in spite of this feeling of angst, there is something in me that screams to rise up, grab this intangible concept of time and let it know that I am not restricted to its bounds.

There are things in life, people in life and events that are much to important and worthwhile to let the future decide. To take every day as it comes, to not spend time thinking about the "what may come" and to passionately pursue the "what is now", can be liberating.

Yet most people seem to be caught in the monotony of allowing the ticking of a clock, or the rise and fall of the sun that has not happened to determine the outcome of their decisions in the moment. Take heart in knowing that the God who has numbered our days does not let us know what all of them hold! He has a plan, that if we knew about, would find a way to screw up!

Here are the things that I care about and so desperately want to know as constant that I must take day by day!

  • Accomplishing my goals in life in every aspect
  • Meeting other peoples expectations
  • Increasing my quality of life
  • Enjoying the times when I am alone
  • Examing my heart to know that I am where God wants me to be!

Those who wish to sing, always find a song!

May the song of your life, resonate through eternity!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she read it, she cried, she thinks you are amazingly sweet, she wants you to know she's doing her best to live day by day! :)

Unknown said...

this is perfect.